typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] ELLE BANDITA from The Riplets

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Alex Murray-Leslie <a AT chicksonspeed.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] ELLE BANDITA from The Riplets
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 10:33:23 +0100

I am now big fan of The Pipettes, thanks for the tip,
wow, The Riplets also look fantastic, you should check out
Elle Bandita, she´s the one on the right in the band, actually
her solo act is a mix of metal and pop, all made on a 4 track tape player,
she also uses this live during her performances with 1 guitar and some dancers.
http://www.ellebandita.com

Elle´s going to be on the up and coming GIRL MONSTER
cd compilation of 62 artists from 77-2006, (many exclusive songs and some licensed material)

www.girlmonster.net coming in June.

hope you won´t mind my advert, thought it may be of interest?

I´m currently at Lady Fest in Oslo, there is a very curious band,
experimental noise pop, SPUNK......really wonderful, see if you can find them!
The organiser here in Oslo is incredibly organised and enthusiastic! DJ SUNSHINE,
she used to do her own radio show on national radio, but they kicked her off for commercial reasons!

Tonight DJ JD (Le Tigre) will be on the decks!

Alex