typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] The Raincoats this weekend

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Jason Gross <perfect AT furious.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] The Raincoats this weekend
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:13:00 -0500

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 22:53:41 -0800
From: "J Neo Marvin" <j_n_e_o AT hotmail.com>
To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

By the way, if it wasn't already obvious, I was joking as well. I do hope to
track down a copy of the Lipstick Traces CD, which has the good version of
"Wake Up" on it, one day. (Hey, there's a legitimate reason to yell at
Greil, come to think of it.)

Agreed. That is indeed a great CD with a lot of prime TG material on it. I vaguely remember that Jon Savage might have been the one who put it together and Greil himself might not have had any involvement other than inspiring it from the book of the same name.

Sad to say, as much as I love Rough Trade, they're not keen on keeping older items available. I understand that they want to focus on the new artists that they have but they should be proud of their history also.

best,
Jason

Perfect Sound Forever - online music magazine since 1993- now new and semi-improved!
<http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>
Crazed by the Music blog: <http://blogs.popmatters.com/crazedbythemusic/>