typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] The Raincoats this weekend

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Jason Gross <perfect AT furious.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] The Raincoats this weekend
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:43:07 -0500

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:56:22 -0800
From: weasel walter <weaselw AT juno.com>
To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

seriously folks, this whole schtick is all in good fun. it's better to
have music available in some form than none at all. the essential logic
release was curated by lora herself. slim was always right - if that's
what she wanted, that's what it should be.

believe me, i get defensive too when people "make jokes" about stuff i'm
serious about. so, to slim and jason gross, a belated apology. i'm not so
egotistical that i'm going to act like i prefer they think i'm an
asshole. sometimes i can't help it - i'm a very critical person because
music is my entire life. any comments made about the essential logic
reissue weren't meant to be taken personal.

Thank you for saying all of that. It's good that we're toning down the hate here. I guess we should be glad that people can get passionate about music but as Walter said, any kind of personal stuff would be better hashed out off list.

OK, one piece of TG news for you all. Sad to say, the Prag Vec reissue on Mute is being delayed again. With John's unfortunate death recently, his widow's been (very understandably) slow to respond to queries to finalize everything- I'm sure she's still grieving and working through everything. Sue really wants this to happen somehow and she's trying to push along with Mute. She's a little frustrated by now- also understandable since this has been dragging on for about 2 years now. I keep telling her that these things can take time. More news as it comes in.

Best,
Jason

Perfect Sound Forever- online music magazine since 1993- now new and semi-improved!
<http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>
Crazed by the Music blog: <http://blogs.popmatters.com/crazedbythemusic/>