typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Shivvers/DVD-authoring help?

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Chuck Warner <chuck AT hyped2death.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Shivvers/DVD-authoring help?
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 09:41:38 -0500

In the guilty pleasures department, I'm trying to [re]reissue the amazing Shivvers CD [hard-edged girl-vocal powerpop/poprock from Milwaukee, 1980-82: my "Teenline" series is named after their song] on regular, manufactured CD with three more songs and a bonus DVD with at least 5 videos on it. The problem is that I have no experience editing DVD materials (and I'm not 100% sure that my dual G4 can handle the real-time video-stream, since iMovie seems to top out at 30 frames per second).

All I need to do is edit the raw "footage" (already in dvd format) for length and add a couple fades, then burn it to a master DVD-R with a "0" (no zone) code in order to make the resulting manufactured DVDs playable in any country. I'm a quick learner, but the DVD format is all new to me --so I'm looking for the simplest good-quality DVD-authoring software/shareware/freeware for the Mac / OSX (I've got available drives running everything from 9.2.8 to Tiger...).

I'd be grateful for ANY recommendations and/or help, on-list or off...

Chuck Warner
Hyped to Death CDs
http://hyped2death.com