typicalgirls - RE: [TypicalGirls] The Pantheon: Ruth Polsky, Hilary Jaeger, ...your name here

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "George Romansic" <romansic AT serv.net>
  • To: "'Hilary Jaeger'" <jaema11 AT earthlink.net>, <mike AT appelstein.com>, <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [TypicalGirls] The Pantheon: Ruth Polsky, Hilary Jaeger, ...your name here
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 18:45:57 -0700

Aha! I thought I remembered this fact being mentioned in a post you or
someone else made a few months back, but I could not recall who it was.

Though I only was able to visit once I always checked the TR3 schedule in
the back of each week's Village Voice (which arrived in new hometown Seattle
roughly a week after the shows had happened). 25+ years later I can't
recall exactly what I saw listed but I do remember being more impressed by
the TR3 schedule than by many of the other bigger-name clubs of the era.

Barring someone coming forward with sad tales of broken promises and no
payment at the end of the night, you get a tip of the hat for some good
work.

And are we allowed to ask what people are doing now? Let's figure out the
geographical midpoint of the locations of all members of this list and agree
to meet for a picnic. (Insert appropriate emoticon here).

GR

PS: Would welcome anyone who can point me to an archive or two where I'll
find specific info on NYC shows of that era. Photos would be ideal, as I
try to summon hazy memories of such as TR3 and CB's 2nd Avenue Theater to
prove to the kids that it really happened the way I keep telling them it
did.