typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Reissues, Retrospectives, or Previously Unavailable

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Shirley Braha <littleshirleybeans AT yahoo.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Reissues, Retrospectives, or Previously Unavailable
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:59:02 -0700 (PDT)

i met up with debsey from dolly mixture a few months ago during visit in
london. i know K and KRS and several other labels have been wanting to reissue
demonstration tapes for a long time now. calvin was/is a huge dolly mixture
fan
as you could have guessed- i first heard dm through him, actually.

anyway, i was trying to talk some sense into a very lovely & humble debsey
over
eggs, explaining to her that hundreds of people are just dying to have the
album re-re-released, but between moving and raising her daughter and making
money (she is working as a maid part time!) and just being generally
scatterbrained, she hasnt been focusing on the rerelease, doesnt even reply to
emails oftentimes. actually, those are the same reasons why she and her
husband
stopped doing birdie.

have i introduced myself? im shirley. jessica wurster told me about the list
but i seem to know most people on here already.