typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] meltdown

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Todd P <tnyclists AT yahoo.com>
  • To: TypicalGirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] meltdown
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 06:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

Meltdown was awesome and legendary - as was Amy Suzanne's later band in
Portland (when she was going to Reed College), Emergency. Emergency I
know had a few singles, I'm sure none of which are still in print. I
think one came out on Archigramiphone, and at least a split or two on
some fly by night labels from the Northwest. Emergency played a lot in
Portland back in the (late nineties) day.

The Fugazi / Discord bands used to *open* for Meltdown, that's how
popular they were in DC, so the legend goes.

Amy Suzanne lives in Geneva, Switzerland these days. I think she still
makes music, but not totally sure. I think she goes to Med School?
Something similarly heady at least.

Todd