typicalgirls - Fw: Re: [TypicalGirls] meltdown

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Dina Hornreich <dinahornreich AT earthlink.net>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Fw: Re: [TypicalGirls] meltdown
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 20:37:34 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: Sharon Cheslow
Sent: Jun 7, 2004 6:23 PM
To: Dina Hornreich <dinahornreich AT earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] meltdown

As I had mentioned to Dina, there are two great bands that have sprung up
from the ashes of the Meltdown and I was lucky to hear both play shows on a
tour I just finished up. One had their first show in Boston - they're called
the Squids and feature Sonia from the Meltdown and Helen from Petty Crime
(also the ex-band of TG member Layla Gibbon). The other is Et At It, with
Fiona from the Meltdown and Frankie from Metamatics. The third member of Et
At It is artist/musician Amelia Saddington. Amy from Meltdown was in
Emergency and is now getting her PhD and living in Switzerland. They are all
definitely inspiring ladies.

You can still order "The Map" through Archigramophone:
http://www.archigramophone.com/ARCHICatalog.shtml

Sharon