typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] breaking glass

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: weaselw AT juno.com
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] breaking glass
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 09:53:12 -0700

> Anyone seen it? I just caught the end, the music sound heavily
> influenced by Lene Lovich! I saw the women and said to myself, "what
> on earth -- she looks TG-esque!"
>
> (I'm guessing Jubilee is better.)

The storyline in "Breaking Glass" is definitely way more coherent than
"Jubilee", which I think is more than a bit pretentious and boring,
although there's some great imagery. I used to see BG all the time on
cable as part of the Night Flight series during the mid-80s. I haven't
seen it in more than a decade but I used to like it a lot. There are a
few good songs in it . . .

ww

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!