triangle-free-yoga - [triangle-free-yoga] (donation) Sep 09 @ AYCD

triangle-free-yoga AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: about free yoga events in the Research Triangle (NC) area

  • From: Tom Roche <Tom_Roche AT pobox.com>
  • To: triangle-free-yoga AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [triangle-free-yoga] (donation) Sep 09 @ AYCD
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 14:41:48 -0400 (EDT)

http://ashtangayogaclubdurham.blogspot.com/

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=305+W+Markham+Av%2C+Durham+NC

> AYCD Class Schedule for August and September
> Fees by donation
> Suggested $8-15

> Thursday Evening Mysore Practice - Suzanne Faulkner
> 5:30 - 8 pm
> (Door open at 4:30)

Mysore-style ashtanga is unlike most yoga classes you'll go to, in
that it's not really led. Classical ashtanga yoga is composed of
several fixed sequences of asanas. In a "regular" ashtanga class, you
learn part of one or more of the sequences. In a Mysore class, you are
assumed to already more-or-less know one of the series, on which
you'll work on during the "class." The "instructor" will usually walk
around monitoring and critiquing each student's activity, but will
typically not lead the entire class.

> Saturday Morning Guided Primary Series - Leslie Gaddis
> 9 am.

In a primary-series class, you'll be led through that sequence, in
order to learn it. (You may also see classes for other ashtanga
series, but much less often.)

> Sunday Morning Mysore Practice - Suzanne Faulkner
> 8:30 - 11 am

I know nothing about AYCD, but it's definitely got an interesting
business model, so I'd like to hear more. If you go there, please send
a review to this list!

HTH, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche AT pobox.com>

  • [triangle-free-yoga] (donation) Sep 09 @ AYCD, Tom Roche, 08/31/2009