sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] bad mirroring

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <smgl AT lynxlynx.info>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] bad mirroring
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 15:01:10 +0200

On Tuesday 28 of April 2015 09:25:30 Thomas Orgis wrote:

> It worked before that this uses my own server as fallback mirror. Not

> this time. I changed sorcery versions in between and am now on stable.

> Am I relying on a devel feature?

> Oh, apparently. Switching to devel sorcery makes it pick up my mirror.

> Can we please port that feature to stable?

The more people use and test devel and find it non-problematic, the sooner it can reach stable.

> shell$ file XML-Twig-3.46.tar.gz

> XML-Twig-3.46.tar.gz: HTML document, ASCII text

> That confuses sorcery as this is a HTML file with "404 Not Found" in

> it. Correct behaviour should be that, right?

Summon already detects if it got a different mime type than expected, discarding the download (source_sanity). Also for downloads from fallbacks. Unless you managed to turn it off by setting SUMMON_SANITY, which is not exposed anywhere anymore, or file -i does not show text/html.

LP

--

To err is humour

www.gemrb.org