sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Component Lead Nominations: Project Lead

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Component Lead Nominations: Project Lead
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 17:41:51 -0600

On 01/25/2015 06:52 AM, Thomas Orgis wrote:
> Am Sat, 24 Jan 2015 12:50:53 +0300
> schrieb Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>:
>
>> As per our policy[2], January is a month for the Project Lead election.
>>
>> Nominations are open, and will last until January 31, 2015.
>
> So, we start with Project Lead, yes? I wonder if the current Project
> Lead is expected say something about the vote. At least, he could give
> a little speech about what happened since his term started back in … eh
> … the last proper vote was in 2011 and David got elected. Since then he
> continued unchallenged.
>
> I must admit that I did not partake in any vote in SMGL, I'll pay
> closer attention now and see if I manage to properly cast a vote with
> our signing system (have to re-read how sending of an encrypted vote
> works).
>
> To get things going, I hereby nominate David Kowis for Project Lead.
> That way, we at least can give a parting speech about his extended
> 4-year term, if it doesn't convince us to continue the Marxist[0]
> rule;-)

Heh, it has been a while. Things have been mostly stable. Obviously, I
haven't had the time to participate, and have had to move on to other
things.

I'm pleased with the new website stuff, if less pleased with the
technologies chosen. Specifically, I'd prefer if we had a git backed
wiki, rather than a mercurial backed one. That's a small thing though,
it's nice to have a better looking website and such. I'm not really keen
on importing ancient bugs, however, I don't think that will provide
anything useful, and will instead just provide a pile of stuff that will
never get resolved.

I'm going to have a child in March, so I'll probably be even further
away, or maybe not?, depending on how that goes. There haven't been any
other nominations, somewhat surprisingly.

The "marxist" stuff was back when I started just doing things, and
people didn't like them as much as they like the new website, heh.
There's not too much else to say, to be honest.

--
David