sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Call to mirror!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>
  • To: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Call to mirror!
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 16:22:42 +0300

On Sat, 10 Jan 2015 13:47:10 +0100
Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org> wrote:

> Am Fri, 9 Jan 2015 18:58:10 +0300
> schrieb Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>:
>

> > You can find it here: http://beta.sourcemage.ru/Mirrors/How
>
> Any reason not mentioning simple complete mirroring of
> http://download.sourcemage.org/sorcery/ along with /codex/ and /iso/?

That was just an example of usage. But thanks, I've added sorcery line
for completeness.

> I'm putting an archive of everything on
> http://mirror.sobukus.de/files/sourcemage/ now. I got plenty of disk
> space for now. Hm, I wonder about that error message:
>
> symlink has no referent: "x86_64-chroot.tar.bz2" (in iso)
>
> I'll have to check what is missing after the script is through, but I
> suppose that's about
>

> http://master.download.sourcemage.org/iso/x86_64/0.9.7/devel/chroot-x86-64.tar.bz2
> .

yes, maybe we have to fix the stuff on master server.

> And ... what I think is more pressing is having good fallback mirrors
> for pulled upstream sources. That's what I created
>
> http://mirror.sobukus.de/src
>
> for. I don't yet have any automatism of keeping it up to date (except
> doing a summon --all from time to time), but at least I don't delete
> things there. Sometime I'd like to have a
> http://mirror.sobukus.de/src/$SPELL/$SOURCE structure, but there's a
> simple search going on when just querying for
>
> http://mirror.sobukus.de/src/$SOURCE
>
> and that's how I use it as fallback mirror.

awesome. We need to bump Sorcery for that change as well. Afaik the
list is hardcoded and it's not possible to update some spell to get new
list of mirrors.

--
Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>