sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Call to mirror!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Call to mirror!
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 13:47:10 +0100

Am Fri, 9 Jan 2015 18:58:10 +0300
schrieb Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>:

> You can find it here: http://beta.sourcemage.ru/Mirrors/How

Any reason not mentioning simple complete mirroring of
http://download.sourcemage.org/sorcery/ along with /codex/ and /iso/?
I'm putting an archive of everything on
http://mirror.sobukus.de/files/sourcemage/ now. I got plenty of disk
space for now. Hm, I wonder about that error message:

symlink has no referent: "x86_64-chroot.tar.bz2" (in iso)

I'll have to check what is missing after the script is through, but I
suppose that's about

http://master.download.sourcemage.org/iso/x86_64/0.9.7/devel/chroot-x86-64.tar.bz2
.

And ... what I think is more pressing is having good fallback mirrors
for pulled upstream sources. That's what I created

http://mirror.sobukus.de/src

for. I don't yet have any automatism of keeping it up to date (except
doing a summon --all from time to time), but at least I don't delete
things there. Sometime I'd like to have a
http://mirror.sobukus.de/src/$SPELL/$SOURCE structure, but there's a
simple search going on when just querying for

http://mirror.sobukus.de/src/$SOURCE

and that's how I use it as fallback mirror.

Anyhow ... How to we manage the (default) list of fallback mirrors?
Please note that I only recently encountered the existence of
the smgl-mirrors spell but don't see it relating to fallback mirrors.

Alrighty then,

Thomas

[1] If that url's too unwieldy, I can make it http://smgl.sobukus.de/
instead.