sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] SOURCEFORGE_URL

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] SOURCEFORGE_URL
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 17:03:19 -0600

On 02/18/2013 10:14 AM, Ladislav Hagara wrote:

>> tl;dr : Don't use SOURCEFORGE_URL any longer, sourcforge.net has their
>> own mirror system; make sure your urls start with
>> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/; Fix spells as you come across them.
>>

>> So our SOURCEFORGE_URL mirror system is very broke :(
>

> It is a part of sorcery, so it should be updated in sorcery for all
> users or get out from there.
> Seems works for me.
> If we really can't address official mirrors (I didn't test them) then
> SOURCEFORGE_URL should be set to http://downloads.sourceforge.net/ and
> $SOURCEFORGE_URL/$SPELL/$SOURCE will works like a charm.
> Personally I would't changed DETAILS files by scripts. Don't touch
> running system.
> If Source Forge change it back again we will be prepared. :-)
> And according to local variables, sorcery should warn users that it is
> stale.

Well, you're welcome to go make the modifications to sorcery to do
staleness detection, it's not in there now.

The SOURCEFORGE_URL pattern you described doesn't always work in all
cases, leaving us where we're at right now. It's much simpler and more
reliable to use the project specific URLs and let sourceforge handle
their mirroring system.

--
David