sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] SOURCEFORGE_URL

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] SOURCEFORGE_URL
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 17:14:07 +0100

> tl;dr : Don't use SOURCEFORGE_URL any longer, sourcforge.net has their
> own mirror system; make sure your urls start with
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/; Fix spells as you come across them.
>

> So our SOURCEFORGE_URL mirror system is very broke :(

It is a part of sorcery, so it should be updated in sorcery for all
users or get out from there.
Seems works for me.
If we really can't address official mirrors (I didn't test them) then
SOURCEFORGE_URL should be set to http://downloads.sourceforge.net/ and
$SOURCEFORGE_URL/$SPELL/$SOURCE will works like a charm.
Personally I would't changed DETAILS files by scripts. Don't touch
running system.
If Source Forge change it back again we will be prepared. :-)
And according to local variables, sorcery should warn users that it is
stale.

Ladislav Hagara