sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] general comment

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Dan Kociela <dkociela AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] general comment
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 16:10:22 -0600

As a new user, reading the recent discussion, I thought I'd make a general comment. I've been using linux for about ten years and have enjoyed installing and using various different distros, usually falling back on Gentoo. I installed Smgl a couple of months ago, and it immediately became my primary OS (I currently have 7 others on my computer). Admittedly, my install is pretty basic. I'm using mostly stable with a couple of test spells and a couple I've written. I thoroughly enjoyed installing it and it has been very solid and a delight to use (no issues with util-linux). My main worry is that it will cease to be actively developed.
To the developers: It's a great system, you've done a great job, please don't stop.
From a normal end-user,

Dan