sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] general comment

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Sukneet Basuta <sukneet AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] general comment
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 17:23:24 -0400

It's nice to hear from a normal user. Sometimes I think only the
developers are using the distro.

Don't worry though, Source Mage is not dead. One of the developers,
Arjan Bouter, has stated that he'll keep it alive by himself if he has
to. I myself plan to stick around if only for the fact that I have yet
to find a distro that I like better. I've tried every major distro and
every source-based distro, none come close to Source Mage for me (well
Exherbo is fairly close, but I hate use-flags). Admittedly, though, I
haven't been very active in the past few months. Hopefully that will
change once this semester is finished.

Have you submitted the spells you've written to the bugtracker (
http://sourcemage.org/projects/grimoire/issues )? I see that Neko
Nyancat submitted a few that have yet to be added. If not, you should
consider submitting them or asking for commit access to the Grimoire.
:)