sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] long description wrap in spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] long description wrap in spells
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 19:15:46 +0200

Am Sun, 16 Oct 2011 19:04:37 +0200
schrieb Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>:

> BTW, this discussion started on Friday and almost immediately DETAILS
> files have been scripted. What about more time to discuss ideas?

Well, we have discussion on the happening or not of discussion in other
threads. Staying on topic now: Should we decide that wrapping is not
needed anymore, one can still roll back the scripted changes thanks to
revision control... but even then, 80-char DETAILS are the majority and
if we really want to be flexible, one can make gaze smarter to stitch
paragraphs back together (dropping the -s to fmt and/or putting some
logic in from to detect stuff like lists (tables???) and protect that
from fillup).

So either way, I think it should be possible to make it irrelevant to
gaze if text in DETAILS is pre-wrapped or not.

Damn, copying that response into the ticket comments now... media
mashup! ;-)

Alrighty then,

Thomas.