sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] long description wrap in spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Bor Kraljič <pyrobor AT ver.si>
  • To: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] long description wrap in spells
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 14:54:03 +0200

Hi!

DISCUSSION:
Do we merge devel-long_desc_fix into master?

WORK IN A BRANCH:
With some help of scripting I managed to check all spells if long description
wrap is needed. For checking and fixing I used quill (both of things are done
by quills function check_description_wrap). I pushed changes into devel-
long_desc_fix branch.

CHANGES IN A BRANCH:
All changes in that branch are only about long description getting cut 80
columns.

COMMENT:
I arranged my opinions in pro and con categories:
pro:
* on some tty you can only see 80 columns and this helps to see whole long
description

con:
* large number of changes (commits)
* some long descriptions are cut pretty ugly. some are nice... but that is
scripted... Way to much spells to do it manually.
* this is from some point of view not important, cosmetic change

DEADLINE
I hope we will decide. Otherwise I will call for a vote or something on
january 1st 2012.

Kind regards,
Bor