sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] kde4 in /opt/kde4

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] kde4 in /opt/kde4
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 02:37:38 +0200

Imho kde4 spells should be renamed to kde spells and of course installed
into /. The question is if we wants to support kde3 spells. Are they
supported by upstream? If not, we should deprecate / remove them from
grimoire.

We should really follow upstream. We don't have hundreds of developers
who could support deprecated software for next several years.

Similar problem is with gnome3 spells. I didn't created gnome3 spells I
just updated gnome2 to version 3 and all changes are only in devel
gnome3 branch because some devs refuse to use gedit 3 instead of gedit 2

If kde3 and gnome2 spells are not supported by upstream we should remove
them / update them to kde4 and gnome3.

> * we move kde4 and add CONFLICTS to main spells of kde4 and kde3 (kdelibs,

Libraries are another question. If kdelib3 and kdelib4 can be installed
together we should just renamed kdelibs to kdelibs3 and update non kde
spells needed kdelibs3.

--
Ladislav Hagara