sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Separate "developer" list for admins?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: flux <flux AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Separate "developer" list for admins?
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 06:38:20 +0900

Eric Sandall (eric AT sandall.us) wrote [10.04.07 05:54]:
> I would be okay with this so long as the "admin" category also counts
> as Developers for voting and other requirements. Basically the same
> requirements except for the commit quota.

What do admins have to do with voting? If someone is hosting our
services, that requires that they also be a part of our project? I know
that there are a few developers who are kept as "developers" because
they are backup admins, even though they haven't done anything actively
as a developer in several years. Are you suggesting that such people not
be admins if they aren't participating in a way other than pure system
administration?

--
Justin "flux_control" Boffemmyer
Cauldron wizard and general mage