sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] Cross build...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com>
  • To: "sm, discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] Cross build...
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:09:37 -0600

Hi,

I have pretty old piii machines which don't reach 800mhz (x86_32), and
I'm planning to build a core 2 duo box @ more than 1ghz (x86_64). The
thing is that I due to the building times on those old machines, it
was pretty hard to use any source based distribution. And now I'm
thinking maybe this has already been solved through cross-compilation
of some sort, building all the stuff on x86_64. Problem is the
difference in architectures, :-(...

If possible, then the other thing would be how to migrate the
cross-compiled image of some sort, from the x86_64 machine to the
x86_32 ones...

Do you think this is possible? Are there any relevant how-to's?

Thanks,

--
Javier.