sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Possible new kernel version for test5 ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juan Carlos Torres <jucato AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: "SM-Discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Possible new kernel version for test5 ISO
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 12:29:51 +0800

On Wednesday 19 November 2008 00:37:01 flux wrote:

> Therefore, I'd like to ask for some feedback from all of you about your

> success, and lack thereof as well, with kernel versions 2.6.23* though

> 2.6.27*.

I've only experienced this with 2.6.27 (first release). My wireless card (IPW2200) no longer works in that kernel, though it worked in any kernel previous to 2.6.27. I haven't really traced down the cause of it, but I was told that it might have been due to the different way firmware is handled in this kernel version. To get my card working, one needs the ipw2200 module (already included by default) as well as the ipw2200_firmware.

I haven't tried mucking around with other 2.6.27.x kernels. It's just not my forte. But anyway, wired (ethernet) would still work, so it's not entirely a lose-lose situation for me.

Regards,

Juan Carlos G. Torres

Jucato

1024D/6F507597