sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO Build Complexities

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: flux <flux AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO Build Complexities
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 07:05:07 -0400

Jaka Kranjc (smgl AT lynxlynx.info) wrote [08.09.19 03:03]:
> Did you try Bertrand's automatic installer? There was no feedback on the
> mailing list, so I worry it was overlooked.
>
> LP
> --
> We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
> Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org

That's not the same thing. His installer is made for just putting in the
cd and having it install without someone doing anything (without making
choices), kind of like doing a cast with a promtp delay of 0 and just
using the defaults. The automation I'm talking about is the generation
of the ISOs. And in case there was confusion about what I meant by
working without intervention, I meant not needing special workarounds to
have working installs, so the user can just do what they would
normally/reasonably expect to do for the install and everything "Just
Works".

--
Justin "flux_control" Boffemmyer
Cauldron wizard and general mage