sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Please test new devel ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Tommy Boatman <tboatman2 AT comcast.net>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Please test new devel ISO
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 02:25:01 -0600

Kudos! This is the first SMGL CD that will properly detect the hard drive on
my Lenovo notebook! I've tested it through a full install through the first
reboot. Had trouble with grub installation, though when it comes to grub I'm
not very good, so no big deal. Had no issues doing a lilo-based install.

Pluses - the new install procedure is powerful and flexible with access to a
full set of linux commands. The guidance is straightforward and to the
point.

Minuses - command line based install is not for the novice ;) We need to
beef up the documentation a little bit, which is something I'll gladly help
with as a former tech writer.

Very happy to see this ISO published. Keep it up.

-tommy
tboatman2 AT comcast.net (my sourcemage.org email is broken at the moment)