sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Cry for help

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Cry for help
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 15:50:06 +0100

> 1. Compose key to enter accented/special characters. I don't always use
> special characters, but it can be quite a pain to have to launch a separate
> app (like kcharselect) to enter those characters. I have include
> Option "XkbOptions" "compose:ralt" in my xorg.cnf already. But it only
> works in KDM (login screen). Anyone with links on how to set this up (in
> KDE), please do share. :)
I use xmodmap and it works everywhere (right win key in my case, try xev):
keycode 116 = Multi_key

Nothing else. I don't know how the xorg.conf things work either.

> This only happens when using our Qt 4 spell. I've tried using qt-copy from
> KDE's SVN, following http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4#Qt
> and Qt 4.3.2 directly from Trolltech, built with the same options as KDE's
> qt-copy. Both of these work. I'm suspecting it might have something to do
You must compile them with the options you used when you tried via our spell.
I also see there is a 4.3.3 already available, I'll go update the spell,
maybe this was fixed.

LP

--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org