sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Cry for help

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Elisamuel Resto <samuel AT dragonboricua.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Cry for help
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 00:17:50 -0400

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 11:39:45 +0800, Juan Carlos Torres wrote:
<snip>
> 2. Printing and Scanning. I have an HP PSC 1350 (Printer-Scanner-Copier). I
> have never experienced what it is like to setup CUPS and SANE from scratch,
> so I'm completely lost. I have blindy installed cups, hplip, hpijs, a bunch
> of foomatic stuff, sane, and xsane. My printer is detected and I can add it
> with the correct driver (HP PSC 1300), but I can't seem to be able to print
> anything, not even a test page. Do I have to be part of a goup other than
> lp?
> And the scanner is totally undetected.
</snip>

Well, you could start by showing some logs from CUPS when you attempt to
print a
test page or a normal page (from: /var/log/cups/error_log) then from there we
can
work.

Please either attach it or use a pastebin of your preference, don't paste it
in
the message itself.

--
Elisamuel Resto <samuel AT dragonboricua.net>
Source Mage GNU/Linux / http://www.sourcemage.org