sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] static init fails

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jens Laas <jens.laas AT data.slu.se>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] static init fails
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 14:59:18 +0200 (CEST)

I've been having trouble booting with udev for some time now and I've finally isolated what makes it break.

Apparently simpleinit fails to reopen filedescriptors when compiled statically.

This is anyway my initial finding.

Anyone else compiling simpleinit static have the same problem or not?

Incase there is something else with my setup that is triggered by the static init.

If I comment out the mounting of ramfs and the signalling of init the boot works (of course it complains a bit about stuff that already exists in /dev).

(BTW simpleinit should use the abstract local namespace. This is not mapped to a file.)

Cheers,
Jens

'In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
But, in practice, there is.'
Jens Låås Email: jens.laas AT data.slu.se
Department of Computer Services, SLU Phone: +46 18 67 35 15
Vindbrovägen 1
P.O. Box 7079
S-750 07 Uppsala
SWEDEN