sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc 2.6.1 integration to test results?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc 2.6.1 integration to test results?
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 21:29:20 -0700

Quoting Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>:

On Friday 21 September 2007 02:00:22 David Brown wrote:
Anyone have a chance to rebuild their system and have everything fall
apart? likely anyone who responds will have things working fine,
anyone that had everything fall apart on them might not even be able
to get to their mail, beautiful how this works ;)

I got stuck half-way through my glibc 2.6 + gcc 4.2 rebuild. The major
obstacle was (and still is) a failed xorg-server 1.3.0.0 compile. Pol
experienced this also and I believe we even have an open bug, but I can't
check it because bugs.sourcemage.org is down at the moment.

Just FYI, xorg-server *also* fails with glibc 2.4 (at least on an x86_64) box, so it's not a glibc 2.6 issue.

-sandalle

http://eric.sandall.us/ | http://counter.li.org/ #196285