sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc 2.6.1 integration to test results?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "David Brown" <dmlb2000 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc 2.6.1 integration to test results?
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 08:33:03 -0700

> Other than xorg-server 1.4 and latest xf86-video-ati(those two are in a
> devel branch of the modular grimoire) we have all those lastest..
>
> xorg-modular xorg-lib libxrender 0.9.4 0.9.4
> xorg-modular xorg-proto renderproto 0.9.3 0.9.3
>

> Reasons being the other two are in devel are as follows:
> a) keyboard stops working properly
> b) fails to respect curently working xorg.conf and breaks stuff

So from what I'm seeing this seems more like a glibc 2.6.1 + gcc 4.2.0
compiler issue since I rebuild all my system including these packages
with the current gcc in test grimoire just fine.

> As for the 1.3.0.0 build issue I don't have a clue what it is... it built
> fine with 2.5. And why not simply put glibc 2.5 in with the latest headers
> which is known to work instead of going patch happy to put in 2.6/2.6.1
> which apparently some ppl are reporting issues with.

I'm not seeing very many patches that needed to be applied, they may
to make gcc 4.2.0 compile with glibc 2.6.1 but gcc in test worked fine
for most things. I had to patch 4 or 5 spells with the same patch (not
line by line, but conceptually) and that was it. I don't think that's
very patch happy...

Unless others have submitted patches that I haven't picked up on
yet... I haven't seen any in the commit logs so far.

Thanks,
- David Brown