sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] /etc/hosts being ignored?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Matthew Clark <matthewclark AT inlesserterms.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] /etc/hosts being ignored?
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:32:34 -0500

I have a question that Google can't seem to help me with. I know this isn't SMGL specific, but I figured "What better group to ask?":

One of my SMGL servers appears to be ignoring the /etc/hosts file. I get errors in various things that cannot resolve 'localhost' (and, yes, that line is in the hosts file). I even placed a bogus name and IP address in there as a test, and that confirmed that the file is, indeed, being ignored.

Any reason the /etc/hosts file would be ignored?

- Matt (MaffooClock)