sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Can we have the sumary of cast a emailed to the admin?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Can we have the sumary of cast a emailed to the admin?
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 19:43:41 +0200

On 19:19:43 2007-07-19 "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
wrote:
> On 19:09:04 2007-07-19 Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us> wrote:
> > Bearcat M. Sandor wrote:
> > > I donno whether this belongs in bugzilla as a request or not, but if
> > > so just tell me. Just don't hit me!
> > >
> > > When a cast completes you are given a summary of what succeeded,
> > > what failed, what was removed, what was checked and passed etc.
> > >
> > > It would be great to have the option to have that emailed to the
> > > admin in the way that the logs are.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Bearcat M. Sandor
> >
> > Best to file a feature request in Bugzilla, preferably with code. ;)
> >

> I just implemented hooks into sorcery and quite possibly that could be
> used for
> this... I'll see how I can get the spell list etc... I'm quite sure I
> can send one for each spell but not sure if for all(yet) I'm guessing
> there might be need for a end_cast hook or some such...

I now added cast_pass_five hook that will be able to attach the
failed/sucess and other files to whatever you're doing. I'll be
implementing some sample
hooks tomorrow... The ones I want to implement are: sound, dzen2 and I
guess I'll make one based of nail for mail reporting.

Hopefully I'll be submitting this patch to bugzilla by the end of the
weekend.

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Hacker FAQ: http://www.plethora.net/%7eseebs/faqs/hacker.html
Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = F4C1F89C
Key fingerprint = 6FF2 8F20 4C9D DB36 B5B6 F134 884D 72CC F4C1 F89C