sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] testing chroot for 0.7 and testing volunteers

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] testing chroot for 0.7 and testing volunteers
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 15:37:39 -0800

On Tuesday 06 February 2007 09:14:11 Karsten Behrmann wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Has anyone tried unpacking this tarball to a partition, fiddling stuff like
> /etc/fstab, and booting it?
> I'm wondering if it'll have stuff like /etc/sysconfig/* "untracked" or in
> some other semi-messy state, or actually working.
> If it's bootable and good, the ISO team could try using it to quickly come
> up with an "updated" ISO while we're working on getting our normal
> generation fired up again.
> a "gaze alien" in the chroot would also be helpful.
>
> So Far,
> Karsten

# gaze alien
In a few minutes I will print files found on this disk
that were not installed by sorcery. This is not a
security feature! Files could still be lurking
undetected on this box.
Discovering installed files...
Discovering ambient files...
/etc/.pwd.lock
/etc/blkid.tab
/etc/hostname
/etc/init.d/runlevels/%S/keymap.sh.200701090000.backup
/etc/issue
/etc/shells
/etc/sysconfig/network/eth0.dev
/lib/libc.so.6