sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] testing chroot for 0.7 and testing volunteers

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] testing chroot for 0.7 and testing volunteers
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 18:14:11 +0100

Hi guys,

Has anyone tried unpacking this tarball to a partition, fiddling stuff like
/etc/fstab, and booting it?
I'm wondering if it'll have stuff like /etc/sysconfig/* "untracked" or in
some other semi-messy state, or actually working.
If it's bootable and good, the ISO team could try using it to quickly come
up with an "updated" ISO while we're working on getting our normal generation
fired up again.
a "gaze alien" in the chroot would also be helpful.

So Far,
Karsten

--
Source Mage GNU/Linux | Karsten Behrmann | freenode IRC network
developer ISO team | | developer and staffer