sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] smgl-artwork (Quoth and friends)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • Cc: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] smgl-artwork (Quoth and friends)
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 02:22:40 +0100

> The original (.xcf) Quoth image was lost long ago, but we do have
> http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/sourcemage/logos/quoth.png,
> which was used in our original smgl_* logo files (e.g.
> http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/sourcemage/logos/smgl
> logo.png).

Yea, I was trying to get original logo (year or two before) and I was
confirmed that it had really been lost.
Somebody should recreate it. :-)
Moreover we need a vector format of our logo. It is a problem to print
big logo propagating our distro from small png picture.
BTW, what is our OFFICIAL logo? We should choose one and use it EVERYWHERE.
I remember times when our logo was on our home page [1] and I think it
should be there again.

When I with my friend created logo for ledger we also were trying to
modify our official logo, some suggestions [2].

[1] http://web.archive.org/web/20020925172828/http://sourcemage.org/
[2] http://dcs.unob.cz/~Ladislav.Hagara/source-mage-logos/

--
Ladislav Hagara