sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] smgl-artwork (Quoth and friends)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] smgl-artwork (Quoth and friends)
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 12:10:34 -0800

Lalo Martins wrote:
> BACKGROUND: after playing with Xubuntu a bit in the office, I decided I do
> want a "main menu" button on my xfce panel at home again. But I don't
> care so much for the xfce icon; I wanted a Quoth button, because Quoth is
> just too cool. Alas, there doesn't seem to be an "official" rendering of
> Quoth to be found... I ended up cutting one from our bootsplash themes
> (boot-theme spell IIRC, which is BTW yet another thing I'd like to get
> working, but I digress.)
>
> So the primary question is, does anyone have an "official" Quoth around?
> We should have it on the website, something like
> http://www.sourcemage.org/logo maybe. As a secondary q, does anyone have
> cool Quoth renderings they'd like to share, official or not? I'm thinking
> of putting together a 'smgl-artwork' spell, with a collection of icons,
> desktop wallpapers, cubecaps, splashes, this kind of thing. (Probably
> swallow the boot-theme spell there, too.)

The original (.xcf) Quoth image was lost long ago, but we do have
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/sourcemage/logos/quoth.png,
which was used in our original smgl_* logo files (e.g.
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/sourcemage/logos/smgl
logo.png).

If you do have cool SMGL logos/desktops, let me know and I'll put them
in our logos/ folder for all to download. :)

As for swallowing boot-theme, I'd recommend against that (unless I
misunderstand what you mean) as people installing boot themes may not
want *all* of the SMGL wallpapers, logos, etc.

-sandalle

http://eric.sandall.us/ | SysAdmin @ Shock Physics @ WSU