sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Student project ?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Flavien Bridault <vlaaad AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Student project ?
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:11:47 +0200

Le jeudi 28 septembre 2006 à 19:20 +0200, Andraž "ruskie" Levstik a
écrit :
> Andrew Stitt wrote :
>
> > How about libpatch? The basic idea is to provide some sort of API for
> > spells to uniformly describe their patches. The API has to be generic
> > enough to support both simple usages and complex ones. Patching of
> > course, requires touching all three phases of cast (depends-resolution,
> > downloading, building). Its non-intrusive to the core of sorcery, and
> > can even be prototyped outside sorcery.
> >

> This is a good idea acctually. It's basicaly something to be plugged
> into sorcery and we have a spec for it as well...
> http://wiki.sourcemage.org/libpatch

The students have almost 100 hours to work on that project. Do you think
the work needed on libpatch takes all this time ? Note that they would
probably not be experienced with bash programming nor with SMGL...
Looking at the bug, I saw that there was already some work done. What
has been done exactly ? Can/shall we not link libpatch work with
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/Grimoire_Patches ?
--
Flavien Bridault

Disk, Graphics, Graphics-libs sections Guru
Source Mage GNU/Linux - http://www.sourcemage.org

irc: vlaaad
jabber: vlaaad AT amessage.be