sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire for deprecated spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire for deprecated spells
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 22:56:53 +0300

On Tuesday 15 August 2006 22:29, Jeremy A. Kolb wrote:
> Speaking of which... when ARE we going to move to xorg-modular? I've been
> running it for a few months out of the xorg-modular grimoire and it's been
> great.

At least in my experience it's a bit too early. Having just installed
xorg-modular on another box, I'm disappointed at all the little annoyances I
see. I'll have to recast xorg 6.9 to know for sure where they're coming from
exactly, though.

There are of course other issues also, such as proprietary gfx drivers not
being compatible yet, the xprint problem, and a ton of spells not yet being
tested for xorg-modular compatibility.

Before the mentioned issues are settled I don't think we should default to
Xorg 7. Doesn't mean we can't already test it, though.

--
Juuso Alasuutari
[[ Source Mage GNU/Linux ]]