sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire for deprecated spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire for deprecated spells
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 21:59:19 +0300

On Tuesday 15 August 2006 20:09, Arwed von Merkatz wrote:
> The point of having a grimoire for old stuff is that not all spells that
> get removed are dead projects. If a project is simply gone completely
> from the net, without any source location left, there's of course no
> point in keeping the spell. But consider stuff like gstreamer 0.6, that
> probably still builds just fine, but I definitely would never waste time
> on maintaining it. Same goes for gtk1 versions of stuff, e.g. abiword.

I've had something like that in mind, too. Would this in your opinion also
apply to spells like xfree86? It's maintained and a new version (4.6.0) was
even released in May, but it seems that everything revolves around X.org
nowadays for our developers and users alike.

--
Juuso Alasuutari
[[ Source Mage GNU/Linux ]]