sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire for deprecated spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire for deprecated spells
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 22:18:26 +0200

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 11:13:50PM +0300, Juuso Alasuutari wrote:
> On Monday 14 August 2006 23:00, Andraž "ruskie" Levstik wrote:
>
> > This would be for spells that:
> > a) don't have upstream support(this is basicaly a must)
> > b) fail to build, relevant to point a
> > c) bitrotten stuff, relevant to point a
> > d) fail to run properly even if they run, relevant to point a
> > e) are simply not used anylonger(I think gnome1 fits in here)
>
> For a spell to fulfill all these would mean the program is _seriously_
> rotten.
> Do you mean that nothing less would qualify a spell as deprecated?
>
> (Don't get me wrong here, I'm all for a strict policy on this one. I just
> want
> to mentally try out the options. Also forgive me if I'm asking about
> something you already stated...)

Not all of them at the same time. Point a together with any of the
others should be enough in general. Of course if there's someone who
wants to continue maintaining the spell, and really does that, such a
spell can still stay in the main grimoire, but if there's no maintainer,
it would get moved out.

http://www.sourcemage.org