sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire 0.4 released on thursday -- postrelease notes.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire 0.4 released on thursday -- postrelease notes.
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:58:03 +0200

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 00:35, seth AT swoolley.homeip.net wrote:
> I actually thought of this idea -- tailing the compile log, however, my
> current plan is to decentralize the lists directory by putting it into
> an scm like git, so updates can be sent by multiple prometheus boxes.
I don't follow, lists directories? Updates can be sent to bugzilla too (if
you
managed to make it file bugs, I imagine it is not hard to make it comment on
them).

> I also don't want it not filing some duplicate bugs. I'd rather have it
> file duplicates on different versions to confirm that the bug exists in
> that version too and mark duplicates later. Yes, this takes time to go
> through, but I'd rather people see that the bug is still getting caught
> as an annoyance factor. Ultimately fixing the actual problem of
> decentralizing the list will fix all the duplicates that are harder to
> find.
Why not just comment on exsisting bugs? You have the annoyance factor right
there, field values can be changed appropriately, but no need for so much
manual inspection.

> Before preventing bugs from being filed, I need to be sure that any
> prevention isn't skipping a good bug. Our dupes are low enough that
> it's not too annoying, in my opinion.
As I said, we can start with a higher line count if you fear that matching
would be too general. As one of the people going through these bugs, I find
dupe hunting annoying and redundant. Except for your 64b run, I don't
remember seeing any valid non-dupe bugs on the same spell from the three
promethei runs.