sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire 0.4 released on thursday -- postrelease notes.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew Stitt <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire 0.4 released on thursday -- postrelease notes.
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 11:06:12 -0700

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 07:25:15PM +0200, Jaka Kranjc wrote:
> On Sunday 09 July 2006 02:46, seth AT swoolley.homeip.net wrote:
> > I hope to
> > fix that by running prometheus on the new test grimoire now, then
> > stable-rc after that. We could potentially have another stable release
> > in as little as a month to six weeks. I'm trying to speed up release
> > cycles to have less bitrot between releases.
> Also, it would be good to fix some prometheus bugs first, before the new
> tests. Things like conflict handling (#11116) and missing grimoires
> (#11107);
> anything that would decrease the amount of false positives (true
> negatives?).
>
> I also got an idea about handling duplicates. I don't remember much of the
> earlier discussions, only suggestions about an irc channel for people
> taking
> care of it and something with bugzilla. I don't see any bugs for it open,
> so
> here is my suggestion how to fix it on the prometheus side of things.

<snip>

> This wouldn't catch all dupes, but many, which is better than none.
> Something
> with such functionality is greatly missed, especially if we'll have
> multiple
> promethei running over the same spells again.

To be fair, it does attempt to avoid duplicate reports by not building
things which depend on spells known to be broken, nor will it ever
deliberatly select an optional dependency on a known broken spell. Its
avoiding far more duplicates than you think it is.

-Andrew

| Andrew D. Stitt | acedit at armory.com | astitt at sourcemage.org |
| irc: afrayedknot | Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |
| 1024D/D39B096C | 76E4 728A 04EE 62B2 A09A 96D7 4D9E 239B D39B 096C |