sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire 0.4 released on thursday -- postrelease notes.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: seth AT swoolley.homeip.net
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire 0.4 released on thursday -- postrelease notes.
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 15:35:46 -0700

I actually thought of this idea -- tailing the compile log, however, my
current plan is to decentralize the lists directory by putting it into
an scm like git, so updates can be sent by multiple prometheus boxes.

I also don't want it not filing some duplicate bugs. I'd rather have it
file duplicates on different versions to confirm that the bug exists in
that version too and mark duplicates later. Yes, this takes time to go
through, but I'd rather people see that the bug is still getting caught
as an annoyance factor. Ultimately fixing the actual problem of
decentralizing the list will fix all the duplicates that are harder to
find.

Before preventing bugs from being filed, I need to be sure that any
prevention isn't skipping a good bug. Our dupes are low enough that
it's not too annoying, in my opinion.

Seth