sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ncurses 5.5 update

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ncurses 5.5 update
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 15:47:27 -0700

I fixed this problem in devel/test. Please feel free to test it some
more and try to break it if you can. If you break it please try to find
a repeatable way to break it, then come to me, and I'll see what I can
do. It was a really really small fix having to do with the fact that
the install process runs ncurses-related stuff itself, so an abi change
had caused a problem with tic. The "safety" "make install" to a
temporary lib location to make sure utf upgrade fixes and downgrades
aren't broken is now just "make install.libs". Now the spell should be
able to go in and out of utf, up and down versions, and with and without
various bindings, just fine, in theory.

Seth