sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] switch

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Bas van Gils <Bas.vanGils AT cs.ru.nl>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] switch
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 21:56:01 +0200

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 09:45:09PM +0200, Flavien Bridault wrote:
> Le vendredi 02 septembre 2005 à 20:47 +0200, Bas van Gils a écrit :
> > Hi all,
Sorry that you left us, but I well understand your motivations.

Hi,

I've read your posting twice now and must say that I'm a bit amazed. Anyway,
I'm not *leaving* as such.. just switching for a while. Playing with linux is
nice but I don't have the time for it now...

[ ... ]
> It's a big waste of time to do advertising or any promotion with such
> behaviors. I heard that SMGL were a distribution for system
> administrators ?? Do you think it can really be with such problems ? Do
> you think an administrator can lost hours to fix one of his server
> because of a spell update ?

Well, stuff breaks occasionally yeah. I've managed to avoid too much breakages
by being very careful with my updates and keeping an eye on IRC, the
mailinglists and bugzilla. I agree with you that it can be annoying if stuff
breaks. However, I must say that the tone of your posting doesn't give the
credit to our developers. A lot of people work really hard to make this a good
and workable distribution!

g'luck and see you online,

Bas

--
<Bas.vanGils AT cs.ru.nl> - GPG Key ID: 2768A493 - http://www.cs.ru.nl/~basvg
Radboud University Nijmegen Institute for Computing and Information Sciences