sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] switch

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Bas van Gils <Bas.vanGils AT cs.ru.nl>
  • To: Discuss-list <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] switch
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 20:47:58 +0200

Hi all,

After approximately 2 years of using SMGL I switched to Ubuntu today, at
least on my work box. As most of you know I've been really enthousiastic about
SMGL, the way it works and the community. Especially the latter, i've met some
of you guys in real life and that was awesome.

The main reason for switching at this point in time is simple: I found that I
was spending too much time on system administration and didn't have enough
time for research / wife 'n kids. Ubuntu also has its issues but for the most
part `shit works out of the box' which is just what I need for now.

I still have one smgl-box (my laptop) and perhaps the switch is only for the
time being. Just don't expect too much bug-reports from me for a while :-)
I'll definately hang around on the irc channel and I'll keep reading the ML.
Perhaps I can help answering some questions occasionaly.

Hope to meet more of you RL and if that won't work: see you online!

Take care,

Bas

--
<Bas.vanGils AT cs.ru.nl> - GPG Key ID: 2768A493 - http://www.cs.ru.nl/~basvg
Radboud University Nijmegen Institute for Computing and Information Sciences