sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] GCC 4 and OpenSSL 0.9.8 in test?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] GCC 4 and OpenSSL 0.9.8 in test?
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:55:50 -0400

Quoting "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>:

I'd rather not deal with that right now, sorry. Merging stuff from devel/gnu
into test/gnu is non-trivial already because they lived separate lives for a
while. I'm done with the merge itself, and testing this stuff right now... I

I stand corrected: I /thought/ I merged it, but Perforce didn't do it right
using "safe merge." After some struggle, I had to simply force devel grimoire
versions to be accepted (p4 resolve -at), and manually merged HISTORY files.
Here's what I did in "test/gnu":

find -type f | while read FILE; do if [[ "$FILE" =~ 'HISTORY' ]]; then p4
resolve $FILE; else p4 resolve -at $FILE; fi done

After this operation and manual HISTORY files merge, the plain diff reports
this:

diff -urNwq devel/gnu/ test/gnu/
Files devel/gnu/ada/HISTORY and test/gnu/ada/HISTORY differ
Files devel/gnu/g++/HISTORY and test/gnu/g++/HISTORY differ
Files devel/gnu/g77/HISTORY and test/gnu/g77/HISTORY differ
Files devel/gnu/gcc/HISTORY and test/gnu/gcc/HISTORY differ
Files devel/gnu/gcj/HISTORY and test/gnu/gcj/HISTORY differ
Files devel/gnu/objc/HISTORY and test/gnu/objc/HISTORY differ

...meaning that the rest of the files are the same.

If you see something wrong in any of this, please tell me now. Thanks!
Sergey.