sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] smgl wm guide

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Pieter Lenaerts <e-type AT cwazy.co.uk>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] smgl wm guide
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:07:36 +0200

hi all,

I've got a gap of 12 days between my last exams, so as of tomorrow I'll be
having a lot more time to spend :)

I'm about to start writing a guide to windowmanagers, i.e. a list of features
and looks and feels. Since this document will of course be as objective as
possible in it's biased nature, I'd like anyone that has anything to remark
about the wm's to spit it out, so that I can take it into account. Of course
this will become a wiki-page, so afterwards anything can be changed if the
original draft needs some work.

I'd like to point out that I'm drawing the line at xfce4, so only wm's that
are
in the wm section will get included, the rest are considered desktop
environments. (I.e. xfce4 being at the wrong side of the line.)

hoping for yr objective opinions,

Pieter

--
Pieter Lenaerts
maintainer of editors and wm's - Sourcemage GNU/linux

e-type AT cwazy.co.uk
MSN: pieter_b52 AT yahoo.com
jabber: e-type AT jabber.org
irc: irc.freenode.net #sourcemage