sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] kyle code purge progress from sorcery

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] kyle code purge progress from sorcery
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 16:53:25 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Seth Alan Woolley wrote:
I wonder if somebody could rewrite cabal from scratch, that's pretty
much the only thing of size untouched. We could move that into its own
spell, too.

There are actually plenty of tools out there that will essentially perform the same function as cabal. Rather than re-inventing the wheel, cabal could just be pulled entirely and spells created for one or more of the existing tools.

Google turned up a tool called tentakel. The tentakel website has a list of similar programs.

http://tentakel.biskalar.de/similar/

My 1/2 cent...

-casey